Swim Ontario 2017-2020 Standards - Click for information on the new standards and provincial competition structure HERE
Swim Ontario has the right to amend these documents as required
- Festival Standards (revised April 9, 2018 - correction for Boys 13 SC 200 IM, Girls and Boys 10&U LC 200 Free)
- All Standards (including B to E standards) - corrections for following
- Girls and Boys 10&U LC 200 Free Festivals and B to E standards. Proper conversion from SC to LC applied. Corrected times are slower.
- Boys 14 LC 100 Free AA and B to E. Correction based on August 4 correction to Provincial time. Corrected times are slightly faster.
- Boys 16 LC 100 Breast B to E. Previous B to E were 15 year old times. Corrected times are faster.
- Boys 14 LC 200 Back C Standard typo - adjusted to 2:40.19 (was 1:40.19).
- UPDATED Hytek Standard File (updated April 10, 2018 - corrections to Festival, AA and B to E standards - and Boys 14 SC 100 Free times added)
- Provincials with B to E standards file
- AA standards file
- Festivals with B to E standards file
- Festivals to Provincials standard file
- All Standards combined file
- Ontario Junior International Standards (updated June 14, 2017) - HERE
Swimming Canada National Standards
The standards have undergone an extensive review with the following goals in mind:
- Achieving a balance between Provincial and AA Champs subscriptions
- Ensuring overall proportionate gender distribution
- Desired number of qualifiers for financial viability of event
- Looked at average over last four seasons
- Female – top 24 rankings
- Male – top 24 rankings for 13&U, 16, 17&O
- Male – top 32 rankings for 14 & 15
Proposed standards: the slower of the top 24/32 average versus current standard except distance events that remain the same as current standards.
LC Standards – 2% conversion from SC standards
67% times remain the same, 33% are slower (SC stats)
SC Standards & LC Standards
- Added 3.25% to respective SC and LC Provincial standards
- Ensure subscription rates approach 700 for financial viability
- 3.25% determined by aligning 13 year old Festival standards with 13&U AA Standards
Bonus swim structure different from Provincial Champs to balance subscription between Provincials and AA competitions.
Individual & Team awards and scoring aligned with Provincials Championships.
Removed 14 year olds standards – 14 year olds have additional opportunities with AA Champs.
13 and Under standards remain unchanged.